Director of Accounting and Compliance
£95,000 + Bonus + Car Allowance + Health + Pension
Global packaging manufacturer
Turnover in excess of 1 billion euros
Responsible for 5 direct reports, 18 physical operations across 3 continents, Shared Service centre and Corporate Head Office in Europe.
This company has evolved rapidly over the last 3 years and now requires a Director of Accounting and Compliance who can initiate and execute projects both locally and globally across a complex financial structure that spans multiple currencies. All levels of the business will need support and guidance from the finance organisation, plus reports will be questioned and interrogated by the board so a natural attention to detail and an articulate communication style is a must.
- This role will be responsible for the overall accounting and reporting across the group.
- Responsible for the consolidation and preparation of the consolidated accounts for management reporting purposes
- Responsibility for the compliance framework globally
- Lead the reporting process across the group
- Overall responsibility for the head office entity accounting
- Oversight and responsibility for the finance function within the international Shared Service Centre
- Increasing the activities of the shared services to include all transactional accounting and reporting
- Working effectively to improve efficiency and level of service of shared service to offer more value to stakeholders across the division
- Key player in the group budget process, working closely with the Senior Manager, Controlling who owns the overall budget process
- Developing and managing agreed reporting systems to enable the fulfilment of the Group's reporting responsibilities. This includes ensuring appropriate data and financial information is collected to support management's decision making process
- Developing agreed systems and process to allow correct consolidation of the Group data for management and statutory reporting purposes
- Annual review of the group policies and ensuring ongoing adherence to these policies
- Manages collaboration with Group Treasury and reports on decided treasury policies and implementation
- Provide guidance on practical implementation of decided policies to Plant Controllers. Manage this process to ensure proper implementation of decided policies
- Strong focus on continuous improvement projects both in Finance and in cross functional teams
- Maintain agreed Internal Control Environment over Financial Reporting of Group
- University degree with accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) a must
- Extensive experience within a senior finance management role in an international environment operating under USGAAP/IFRS
- Experience in consolidation of financial accounts
- Experience of initiating and executing process improvement projects
- Experience in a leadership role with a track record of success and desire to continue growth
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Shared Service experience - project management or overseen
- International travel will be required
To be considered for the position, please send you CV to our retained partner, Ceri Willoughby at Morgan Ryder Executive in the first instance.
Morgan Ryder - 20 years dedicated to World-Class Manufacturing & Logistics.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.