Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Field based flexible working
Are you keen to secure work with a leading international business, growing rapidly through acquisition, who can offer progression?
Are you looking for a role that is new, challenging, and unique, that can help you develop professional to a more responsible status?
Our client, a global logistics services provider to the automotive sectors, are looking to recruit a EHS Manager to support 18 sites across the UK.
As the EHS Manager you will be responsible for developing the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System and ensure compliance. You will work closely with management to implement HSE initiatives, policies, and procedures.
A key element of this role will be to support the business in a recent initiative, working towards a Net Zero strategy as part of our commitment to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Ensure that continuous improvement activities are carried out in line with Health and Safety policies and ISO14001 to improve the client's approach to environmental issues and to achieving a Net Zero target.
- Support input to annual Sustainability Reporting through the gathering and analysis of data.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
- Providing specialist guidance, technical support and direction as required and support with interaction with environmental regulatory authorities.
- Develop, maintain, and review Environmental programmes to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements, whilst developing and supporting a Net Zero strategy.
- Ensure operational compliance in the management of multiple waste streams
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and maintain company health and safety management systems, training programs, and procedures in line with all current legislation.
- Perform monthly safety inspections and maintenance.
- Represent the company at external audits on all health and safety matters.
- Ensure compliance to audit standards and work with auditors and vendors to answer findings and complaints in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Design and develop written health and safety procedures.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the co-coordination of risk assessment activities including record keeping. Analysis of risk assessment, near miss and accident data to presenting to the senior management team. Develop long term strategies to reduce accidents that are data driven.
- Investigate accidents to include gathering all documentation in line with company policies.
- Develop & deliver safety training programs to reduce workplace accidents and incidents including assessment of such training activities.
- Represent the company at any internal safety meetings, customer or supplier safety meetings presenting data, recording actions, and monitoring the progress of those actions.
- Work with the operational teams to improve the working environment and reduce the impacts to the employee from operational activities.
Essential's qualification and experience:
- NEBOSH Qualified.
- Experience in a similar role and an enthusiasm for environmental standards and compliance
- Evidence of supporting continuous business improvement and delivering high performance standards across multiple sites
- Dynamic, energetic, and motivational leadership style
- Experience in a multisite based operation such as civils, warehousing and logistics, aggregates, demolitions, waste management
- Opportunity to work for a global and expanding business
- Circa £45,000-£50,000 per annum
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Contribution
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.