Head of Quality
Up to £80,000 plus package depending on experience
- Fast Paced Manufacturing environment
- High-profile customers
- Turnover of more than £17 million
- 140 headcounts
- 2 Direct reports
I have a great opportunity for an experienced Head of Quality to join an established, yet growing manufacturing business based in Essex.
Reporting into the GM, you will be part of the Senior directorship team and will lead the Quality function alongside supporting HS&E.
There will be a strong focus on supporting multiple functions throughout the growth of the business as they enter new markets and introduce new products to their portfolio.
The role responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensures that all quality systems are managed and developed appropriately, compliant to TT's requirements and fit for purpose.
- Ensures that the quality arrangements and product prerequisites are managed, equipped, and resourced to provide agreed customer services levels, corporate and customer requirements and operational goals.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams across the business to develop solutions to operational issues.
- Develops the business strategies and tactical plans to drive the business in achieving its financial objectives within the budgetary forecasts.
- Implements root cause analysis and other problem-solving techniques within the business across all areas of the role and development department.
- Drive and support ongoing improvements to services by providing accurate, timely business intelligence and information.
- Act as a Subject Matter expert on NCR's & CC's handling, advises the management team and develops the Training and Development for all employees.
- Manage the Qualified Persons team which provides expertise required to develop quality systems and enables product release and facilitates continuous improvement.
- Maintains personal expertise in UK, EU and other countries and regulatory regulations.
- Manages the introduction of new products from a Quality perspective in conjunction with the Sales, Development, Technical and Production Teams.
- Define, develop, and implement a continuous improvement culture driving the delivery of improvements to the customer experience.
- Continually demonstrating a strategic leadership philosophy and who champions the use of the Service and Process Improvements to deliver effective service to both the customers and internal departments.
- Responsible for ensuring the development, management, prioritisation, communication, and delivery of TT's Improvement framework, including all key components of the business strategic planning cycle (Medium to longer term budget plan, annual plan, monthly reporting, annual reporting).
To be considered, you must have:
- Previous experience operating at a Senior level, as part of a Quality function (Manager, "head of", or Director) with solid experience from at least one of the following manufacturing sectors:
- FMCG, Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical or Medical device manufacturing
- Must have good exposure to managing system ISO14001
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.