Circa £53,000 per annum + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Production Manager, to come on board and be one of the Key members of the Operations Management team who play a pivotal role in driving the business forward.
As one of the leaders within the Operations team, our client is looking for someone who can exemplify the leadership and behaviours that are aligned to their core values and do their up-most to improve and enhance their reputation.
The Production Manager will organise and oversee all the aspects of production efficiency's and quality. They also establish, manage and lead production teams to create products in line with the company's environment, health and safety standards while complying with all external regulations.
Key responsibilities of the Production Manager include:
- Efficiently managing the production resources in keeping with the manufacturing facility requirements, ensuring the care and development of production employees.
- Setting and delivering manufacturing goals and objectives in collaboration with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Control of manufacturing resources to achieve maximum productivity and material utilisation within the requirements of the production schedule.
- Management of manufacturing department employees to optimise their contribution to the overall manufacturing unit with particular emphasis on efficient individual and team working and development through excellent communication and training.
- Ensure strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures with particular reference to health, safety and quality.
- Ensure that the means of production are available e.g. by timely request of raw materials, equipment, consumable and services from relevant departments.
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments e.g. HSE, Quality, Engineering, etc in order to ensure that production is not unduly delayed.
- Ensure the highest level of housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Providing support, direction and training to employees to accomplish company goals and objectives and help our employees own personal development.
- Conducting employee performance reviews and managing employee performance.
- Champion the importance of H&S and quality throughout the business in everything that we do.
- Manage Lean/5S's principles throughout the teams and the department.
- Manage the shift supervisors to develop a point of excellence, first-rate communication channels and the completion of weekly departmental targets.
- Departmental management, which includes planning, safety, quality adherence, customer requirements performance management, KPI's, costs, effectiveness, efficiencies, capability, and departmental development.
- Control, plan, develop, analyse, implement and report strategically in regard to organisational development and continuous improvements, covering particular areas relevant to the business exceptions in production, productivity, efficiencies and effectiveness.
Key Requirements of Production Manager include:
- Must have previous experience in a similar Manufacturing Leadership role.
- Proven track record within a fast pace, demanding manufacturing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of CI / Six Sigma methodologies with proven track record of leading initiatives and teams.
- Develop KPI's and departmental strategies/objectives
Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity- click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.