|Job Title:||Account Director|
|Salary:||£85,000 to £95,000 basic salary plus bonus, car allowance, pension, healthcare|
|Contact Name:||Ceri Willoughby|
|Job Published:||September 02, 2019 14:02|
£85,000 to £95,000 basic salary plus bonus, car allowance, pension, healthcare
As part of a divisional business strategy, we are in search for an inspirational, commercially astute Strategic Account Director who can lead an already high performing Key Accounts team in the UK.
Supplying a diverse range of blue-chip, multi-site industrial engineering and manufacturing organisations across the UK, you will inherit a portfolio of around 35 accounts that generate over £80,000,000 in sales.
As the most experienced sales professionals in the function, you will use your knowledge to both coaches and mentor your managers and their team members in the achievement of their sales targets, provide key accounts with a high-level channel of communication and will also ensure the smooth integration of newly secured contracts into service delivery operations.
- 10 National Key Account Managers and a total workforce of 15.
- Be responsible for the long-term sustainability and growth of the Key Accounts portfolio of 35 accounts which are high volume, highly profitable and span a specific set of industries.
- Responsible for a highly motivated, highly skilled team, you will need to coach, train and develop them to continually drive their performance.
- Identify improvement opportunities across all areas with the objective of improving profitability and/or service delivery.
- Support your managers in identifying new business opportunities and guide them in the design and implementation of strategic plans that will capitalise on opportunities.
- Deliver robust and accurate forecasts together with sales pipeline to optimise market share gain and achieve our ambitious growth objectives
- Collaborate with your peer group and other board directors to achieve objectives.
- Communicate with other divisions, sharing best practice
- Has energy and passion with an infectious positive attitude
- Strength of character, has integrity, a work ethic and is trustworthy
- Confident in their abilities, understands facts / figures and is comfortable with an open investigation
- Can influence individuals in other departments / teams in a positive manner
- A true leader, has tangible examples of coaching managers, inspiring and developing junior members of the team
Must be from a high volume, low margin supply environment, either directly from the manufacturer or through the distributor.
- Understands the business model that underpins the supply of high volume, low margin consumables into industry
- Has an affinity for technical product specifications / complexities
- Is extremely familiar with contract negotiations in this field, the risks that are commonly found and the methods used to remove or mitigate them during negotiations
- Experience of securing and managing accounts of between £1m and £15m in value
- Proven man management experience of a large team – preferably Key Account Management but will consider blended business development & account management
- Tangible business growth through the development of existing accounts and new business
- A history of operating at a senior / Director level within customers
- Have strong negotiation skills, with the ability to analyse information for use of quotations, cost-saving and contract renewals
The business is a division within a multi-billion turnover group, specialising in the supply of a large and diverse range of consumables into industrial engineering environments.
Morgan Ryder Executive – Global Search for World Class Manufacturing & Engineering. After nearly two decades of activity, we have built a global network of over 6 million industry leaders within automotive, aerospace, FMCG, chemical, third party logistics, capital plant engineering.
Contact Ceri Willoughby, our Head of Operations, at Morgan Ryder Executive Search on 0044 (0)151 480 2300 or email Ceri@morganryder.co.uk for more information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits
Key Account Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£42000 - £46000 per annum + Excellent!
Supply Chain Manager
£38000 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent
Continuous Improvement Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits