|Job Title:||Aerospace Workshop Engineer - Contractor|
|Location:||Bedfordshire, E. of England, England|
|Salary:||Up to £24.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
Aerospace Workshop Engineer - Contractor
£24.00 per hour
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a number of experienced Aerospace Workshop Engineers to join a successful Aerospace company in Bedford, on a contractor basis.
The purpose of the role is to support a team of aircraft engineers with servicing, maintenance, repair, modification and handling of aircraft. Assist with general duties associated with maintaining the facilities, hangar and ground support equipment. Assist the Aircraft Maintenance Manager with general day to day operations of the maintenance organisation. Follow procedures, processes and standards in the aircraft engineering hangar and workshop environments.
Key responsibilities of Aerospace Workshop Engineer:
- To work with a focused team that is highly governed under our approvals.
- To provide routine maintenance to a certified standard and manufacturers maintenance manuals on various types of aircraft.
- To assist and support inspections and defective rectifications on all types of aircraft.
- Ability to work unsupervised, following briefing.
- To assist the Aircraft Maintenance Manager in general day to day operations including the movement of aircraft within the hangar.
- To effectively assist in the maintenance of ground support equipment and maintain high standard of engineering hygiene
- To carry out manufacture and production of components under Part 21G & ISO 9001 approvals
- Assembly, fitting, installation, testing, inspection of components and assemblies. ISO 9001 approvals
- To carry out manufacture of components using CNC machine
- To work to Design drawings, raising Workshop/Technical Query Notices when necessary
- To support Special Projects Group (SPG) with manufacture, assembly, inspection and testing of products
- To carry out surface treatment of manufactured components
Key Requirements Aerospace Workshop Engineer:
- Mechanical Aerospace Engineering BTEC National Certificate, HND, HNC, NVQ or equivalent.
- Previous experience within an aircraft engineering environment, essential.
- Experience in operating CNC machine, essential
- Good working knowledge of IT and aviation software packages.
- Working knowledge of technical safety procedures
Interviews will be taking place immediately, click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.