Assistant General Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant General Manager|
|Salary:||£58000 - £60000 per annum + CAR, BONUS + MORE|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||November 16, 2016 10:00|
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
£58,235 + FANTASTIC BENEFITS PACKAGE
People. Partnership. Performance.
A genuinely exciting opportunity has presented itself for an outstanding Assistant General Manager to deliver world class service with us, the leading distribution company the UK have. Our prestige contract is undergoing a period of major change and transformation, because of an outstanding year to date - and we want you to be a part of our future!
What's on offer for you?
- Excellent salary
- Life assurance
- Car allowance
- Freedom to make the role your own.
This is a big role, we know that. That's why we want someone who wants to be the best in the business. You will be supported by a fantastic senior team who believe in what it is that we do.
- Giving direction and monitor performance that assists the General Manager in ensuring the site runs efficiently and effectively with direct responsibility for Warehouse Operation and Stock Control activities on site, taking accountability for overall productivity of the operation.
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders ensuring first class operational performance.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operational leadership team; communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
- Develop strong relationships with HR leadership team ensuring the delivery of an effective people plan across the site, and ensuring the best talent is in place to deliver business objectives and deliver a robust succession plan for current and future key roles.
- Developing and maintaining a high-performance culture across the site through motivating and guiding the leadership team to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis.
- Lead, develop and inspire your direct reports to ensure that the team is performance focussed and engaged, so that business goals can be achieved whilst maximising individual's potential.
We want to attract and keep the best talent in the business, do you share our values?
- You must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and effective customer communication is essential.
- Experience of leading change and driving engagement in a unionised environment is essential.
- You will be inquisitive, innovative and can think 'outside the box' to deliver an exceptional service to the client.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Experience of change management processes including successful delivery of change.
- Have experience of working within Continuous Improvement programmes and can demonstrate an appreciation of key methodologies and approaches including the principles of lean.
- Understand key drivers to achieve high levels of employee engagement and uses these to deliver high performance.
- A good sense of humour is a must.
Does this sound like you? If you want to discover the best kept secret in logistics, click the 'Apply Now' button to send your CV directly to us, we can't wait to hear from you.
Excited? you should be!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's