|Location:||Yorkshire and the Humber, England|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 18, 2020 18:50|
Business Development Manager
- Competitive package dependent on experience plus commission and share options
- Home or office based (Operation activities are based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK)
My Client, an innovative design and manufacturing specialist of high-performance asset integrity/monitoring solutions for the industrial sector is looking for an additional Business Development Manager for their growing team due to recent and continued expansion.
Looking for a resourceful thinker who has an existing presence within engineering markets who can potentially grow the business further into new and existing markets with a portion of the position responsible to account management. Key concentration will be focused on some of the many new sectors the businesses is looking to further grow into moving forward.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager will include:
- Working closely with the Sales & Technical teams to drive the business development through industrial sectors.
- Creating a sales channel that will involve direct sales to end-users in these industries, working with and through local service and systems providers/distributors globally.
- Growing sales globally (The geographical responsibilities will depend on experience and fit across, but the business is focused on growing the business in Asia, the Middle East and North America)
- Identify and prospect for potential new clients and convert to sales.
- To influence and provide key market input to the development of the expanding product line.
- Building longstanding relationships with key client, developing new relationships identifying opportunities where possible, networking, self-marketing, attend industry trade events and conferences.
- Identify and develop opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
The ability to select and manage productive local and overseas partners and agents is a critical requirement.
The Business Development Manager must be:
- Able to demonstrate success and responsibility for high value product or solution selling, with a devices/technical content.
- Able to demonstrate relevant experience in sales and marketing, business development but with exceptional technical understanding of this area of technology area.
- Highly sales-driven, able to work as part of a team with the ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach to the variation of tasks required.
- Experienced in and understanding of NDT and condition monitoring.
- Experience of selling sensors and instrumentation is essential along with previous experience of managing overseas distributors and agents.
**Anyone with this sort of exposure in the Oil & Gas - Downstream/Refining, Midstream or Upstream; Energy & Nuclear; Plant and Process Control sectors would be highly desirable**
**The role will require a significant travel element (post Covid) with moderate periods of time overseas on prospecting trips, although there will be flexibility in designing travel plans and arrangements**
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's