Business Development Director and Manager - Two Roles
|Job Title:||Business Development Director and Manager - Two Roles|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£50000 - £100000 per annum + Car, pension, private health care|
|Contact Name:||Lyndsey Clegg|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2016 13:34|
Covering, EU, China, Japan
Aerospace (Civil & Military)
£50,000 > 100,000 basic + a package that is commensurate with experience level.
This long established aerospace manufacturer is in the middle of a period of investment and realignment. This strategy has identified a weakness in succession planning and following recent changes within the executive team, two key commercial positions need to be fulfilled. These new roles will need to be filled with experienced Business Development professionals, that have both the drive and capability to take the next step in their career in the coming years.
The role will give you responsibility for seeing new business opportunities through to completion, from early quotation stages through to supporting operations during production ramp up.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding key customers, the associated contacts and raising the businesses profile whilst expanding the range of products supplied in each programme.
- Identifying suitable work packages and ensuring that you are positioned to submit RFI, RFQ / Tender.
- Present the business pipeline to internal stakeholders and gain their buy-in.
- Work with internal functions to produce a strong, competitive tender and deliver it to the customer.
- Build up a pipeline of tenders and track them through the process.
- Handle contract negotiations and see them through to order confirmation.
- Be point of contact for the customer throughout the order process and support operations during pre-production phases through to volume ramp up.
It is expected that the Senior of these two recruits will eventually assume a position on the executive team, which will then cause a need for the junior role to also to move forward in the structure.
Candidates will need experience of aerospace manufacturing / engineering selling to similar Primes, OEM and major Tier 1 organisations. Any product category will be considered providing the candidate has a technical competence and is able to quickly understand the engineering capabilities of the business, suitability to work packages and carry credibility with customer contacts.
To be considered for the role please send your CV to Lyndsey Clegg | Associate Director at Morgan Ryder. Morgan Ryder is a Manufacturing sector focused provider of Recruitment Process Outsourcing and Executive Search. Morgan Ryder's markets include Aerospace, Automotive, Rollingstock, FMCG, Chemical & Process, 3PL environments.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Procurement and Supply Chain Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Excellent
County Down, Northern Ireland
£40000 per annum
Coventry, West Midlands
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Pension, Flexable Working hours
£36000 - £360000 per annum + GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
HR ADMINISTRATOR (TEMP)