|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 10:55|
This specialist chemical manufacturer are currently going through an intense period of transformation and their growth will see a £10m increase in turnover over the next five years.
To support business growth, the Supply Chain Director is looking to recruit a Buyer to ensure that supplier capability is maximised in order to reduce cost, improve service delivery and quality of product.
Within the role of Buyer, typical responsibilities will be to: -
- Maintain and develop key supplier relationships.
- Identify new suppliers within the marketplace.
- Manage supply chain risk.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Maximise cost potential across a £20m spend across raw materials and indirect requirements.
- Be the point of escalation for supplier related issues.
The successful strategic buyer will: -
- Have purchasing experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally be CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Ideally have worked with ERP systems.
- Be looking for an opportunity for progression.
- To £38,000.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.
- Pension scheme - 3% employee and 6% employer contribution.
- Excellent development potential to senior management team.
- 40 Hour week.
To apply, please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's