|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£28000 - £35000 per annum + Pension, Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
At this specialist engineered component manufacturer there is now an opportunity to recruit a Buyer to strengthen the purchasing team as they continue to develop new products for their expanding customer base. This is an exciting opportunity that offers excellent opportunities for development.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, your responsibilities will be to:-
- Ensure that suppliers are performing to agreed quality, cost and delivery terms.
- Source new parts both in the UK and overseas.
- Negotiate the tooling budget in line with Procurement budget.
- Assist with global procurement activity.
- Negotiate on price, delivery and service levels with suppliers.
- Develop relationships and cost initiatives.
- Manage projects such as 'special' part requirements from initial order to delivery.
- Negotiate cost downs in line with customer contracts.
- Benchmark regularly to ensure current suppliers remain competitive.
To join this company you will be a proactive graduate who is well organised and able to develop strong relationships with suppliers. You will be a Buyer who has worked within a fast paced manufacturing environment and will be capable of identifying cost saving opportunities without being prompted.
- A salary up to £35,000
- Attendance and company performance bonus.
- 35 hour working week.
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.