|Job Title:||CAD Engineer|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£21000 - £23000 per annum + BONUS|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2018 15:43|
Do you have the desire to work with a forward-thinking company, who are established and growing across global markets? Do you have the experience level to undertake draft responsibilities for international organisations, supplying safety critical equipment? Do you have a keen eye for detail, high level of accuracy and good working knowledge of CAD software, Solidworks?
If you can answer yes to all 3 of the above, then I would urge you to read on, this may well be the perfect opportunity for you!
The company -The forefront of emergency safety equipment manufacturing for over 45 years. Built on a reliable foundation of design and engineering excellence, my client can provide customised industrial safety solutions to suit all applications, in all industry sectors and environments. With offices and manufacturing facilities in the Europe, America and the Middle East, plus a network of authorised distributors worldwide, it's safe to say this is a great opportunity to work with an established and respected brand in a growing environment.
The position -You will be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, who are willing to reward those who are driven to providing exceptional service to both internal and external customers. As well as being a key member of the team, you will have the opportunity to add value that is felt throughout the customer base. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to immediately impact on the performance of the business and will be given exposure to the wider executive team. Reporting to the Lead CAD Technician, the key deliverables of this position will be to:
- Support the Sales Team in the preparation and creation of general assembly (GA) drawings required during the quotation and order validation process.
- Support the Production Team in the creation of detailed manufacturing drawings to support the available GA drawings.
- To create the bill of materials (BOM) for an assembly based upon the approved GA and manufacturing drawings.
- To review returned customer comments on submitted drawings and to review the impact on cost and capability.
- To review Engineering Change Notes (ECNs), modifying standard drawings in line with recognised requirements.
- To assist in the creation of marketing material which may include, but not be limited to, rendered assemblies, exploded drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, to ensure consistent documentation of the project
- Ensure drawings are checked and complete respective CAD check before issuing for approvals.
- Maintain drawing/model revision information to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed.
- Using Solidworks software to create CAD drawings to specific customer specifications as communicated by sales.
The role requirements
- Great working knowledge of SolidWorks and the Solidworks PDM environment, including administration.
- Qualification in Computer Aided Design, or equivalent.
- Experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment ideal but not essential.
- Evidence of leading process improvements in drafting and CAD data management activities.
- Experience in the use of finite element analysis and/or computational fluid dynamics to evaluate designs.
Interested? Click apply without delay!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's