Cell Leader - Aerospace Machining
|Job Title:||Cell Leader - Aerospace Machining|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2017 12:09|
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR / MANAGER - MACHINING
TO £50000 + PENSION +LIFE ASSURANCE + OTHER BENEFITS
Do you think you have the skills and experience to manage a busy, fast-make business unit?
If so read on …….
We have a brilliant opportunity for a talented, ambitious Production Supervisor/Manager to join a successful aerospace machining company in Essex.
The Production Supervisor / Manager will be responsible for all the production activities in a busy fast-make/speed shop business unit where customer service is key.
- Lead, coach and mentor the team and resolve any issues that arise
- Ensure best practice for efficiency and output of production areas ensuring cell targets are met (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & Performance)
- Update and maintain all metrics and KPI boards to maximise efficiencies and team performance
- Lead projects and ensure a smooth NPI process in line with customer requirements
- Ensure machines are fully utilised in accordance with production plans and arrange any necessary tooling/equipment
- Ensure high levels of Health and Safety standards are maintained and promoted
- Provide relevant training and development to a cross-functional team and ensure high morale
- Manage overtime, holidays, recruitment, performance reviews, disciplinaries
The Ideal Candidate…
- Proven experience of supervising/leading/managing a team in a manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience gained in a machining environment (aerospace preferred)
- Knowledge/experience working in a fast-make/speed shop environment - advantageous
- Experience gained in a structured, metrics based environment (KPI / SQCDP driven)
- Good knowledge of modern manufacturing tools and techniques (6S, Lean Manufacturing, CI, RCA
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Results orientated
- Continuous improvement mind-set
Salary to £50K (D.O.E) + Pension + Life Assurance
23 days holiday + Bank Holidays (rising to 26 days after 5 years' service)
Childcare vouchers, employee assistance program
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £40000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
NC PROGRAMMER - CATIA V5
£38000 - £38500 per annum + BONUS
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - MACHINE TOOLS
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENEFITS
INTERNAL SALES EXECUTIVE
Dudley, West Midlands
£25000 - £30000 per annum
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (CAD/CAM)
Up to £38400 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS