|Job Title:||Commodity Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Final Salary Pension|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2018 16:43|
This is a newly created role that will provide an experienced purchasing professional with a fantastic opportunity to further develop suppliers for this automotive provider based in Preston.
Key responsibilities as Commodity Manager will be to:-
- Manage and develop a global supply base - 80% EU based.
- Manage a spend of £20m across aftermarket commodities.
- Manage cost negotiations.
- Report on cost control, quality improvement and lead time reduction.
- Identify cost saving initiatives and implement to maximise efficiencies.
- Develop short, medium and long-term commodity strategies.
- Develop lead time improvements.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have excellent negotiation skills.
- Be commercially aware.
- Have a background gained within engineering/manufacturing purchasing.
- Be able to travel when needed to meet and develop suppliers in the UK and overseas.
- Be able to confidently present results to senior managers.
- Salary to £45,000
- 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
- Final salary pension
- Private Healthcare
To apply please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's