|Job Title:||DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST|
|Salary:||£30000 per annum + STRONG PACKAGE|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2017 14:09|
UP TO £30,000
WE CREATE BETTER PRODUCTS, FOR BETTER LIVES
We currently have a genuinely interesting opportunity for a DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST to join a team of talented and dedicated scientists in the Liverpool area. Your role is key to bridging the gap between the science and the customer. You will work within our Biotransformation team, developing new and established products. We are a heavily invested company with a long-term success plan, for a bright future in science, read on.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Share incentive scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Industry competitive salary
- Death in service benefit
- To optimise site manufacturing processes from laboratory to full scale production, in support of the site's requirements.
- To identify problems in conjunction with their line manager (both simple and complex) and to deliver creative solutions by undertaking detailed investigations with other departments on site to maximise the right first time rate and process efficiencies.
- To provide technical support to the production department as required, e.g. resolving manufacturing problems, process changes etc.
- To produce samples for dispatch and evaluation by customers as requested by the sales team.
- To formally record work performed in accordance with site QA systems and issue to the rest of the business.
- To maintain verbal communications with most departments on site
Reporting to the Process Development Manager, we are looking for a DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST with the following skills;
- Excellent laboratory skills and a talent for developing innovative and creative solutions to problems.
- You must also have strong written and verbal communication skills,
- The ability to plan, organise and to prioritise your own workload as well as manage projects is essential.
- You will be educated to degree level in a Life Science related discipline with experience in microbial fermentation, specifically in Biotechnology or Microbiology
If you want to join the best kept secret in Liverpool, please click the 'apply now' button to send your CV directly through to the recruiter - we look forward to hearing from you!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's