|Job Title:||EHS Specialist|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||Up to £45000 per annum + Pension and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2018 15:22|
EHS Specialist - Milton Keynes
This manufacturing giant is looking to recruit an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist to join the team at their Milton Keynes factory.
As Health, Safety and Environment Specialist, typical responsibilities will be to:
- Be extremely hands on.
- Stay abreast of environmental, health and safety legislation.
- Create robust management systems to proactively comply with such legislation.
- Translate the management system into actions required across the plant.
- Be responsible for developing and integrating environmental, health and safety management system across all plant personnel.
- Ensure that ALL employees receive suitable environmental, health and safety training so that they work to company and legislative safety requirements.
- Maintain and develop all systems to ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors, temporary workers etc. comply with relevant environmental, health and safety requirements
- Develop and progress the site annual safety plan and environmental management programme.
- Develop and progress the business FSPP and Life programmes.
- Lead and facilitate EHS Kaizen events when applicable.
- Be part of the Management team, learn about all areas of the business, have an influence on the running of the business.
Ideally your experience will have been gained working within a fast-paced high-volume manufacturing environment.
The key skills that are needed within this role:
- Have a manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process environment.
- Proficient knowledge of EHS legislative requirements
- To have an understanding and experience of working to EHS standards
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - 5S, Kaizen, TPM, Structured Problem solving etc.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Be a really hands on EHS professional.
- Be able to deal with plant shop floor employees as well as plant management and HO directors.
- Be able to coach, train and lead.
- To be qualified to NEBOSH standard.
- To have gained their IEMA First Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Salary up to £45,000 plus bonus. 1st year OTE £50,000.
- Private healthcare.
- Free Parking.
- Progression opportunities.
To apply for this position please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV straight through to:
Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's