Electrcial Maintenance Supervisor
|Job Title:||Electrcial Maintenance Supervisor|
|Location:||Enniskillen, County Fermanagh|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2018 17:05|
My client, one of the UK and Ireland's leading food packaging manufacturers is looking to appoint a new Electrical Supervisor.
Suppling packaging for a range of markets for over 20 years, earning a reputation for high quality packaging and 1st class service, its safe to say my client is a business that could offer security and long-term career progression.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance and repair of equipment on site along with the following responsibilities:
- Preventative maintenance of plant equipment using system to minimise production down time.
- To identify and rectify all electrical breakdowns on all machinery through-out the plant.
- To assist with mechanical repairs alongside the maintenance team.
- Liaise when necessary with machine manufacturers to resolve issues with machines and to implement machine improvements.
- To manage and organise all day/shift electricians and apprentices with regards to their work, holidays, training, overtime and any other requirements they may have.
- To liaise with other department supervisors on a regular basis to help minimise downtime, and to keep them informed when electricians are working on machinery.
- To be aware of the electrical stores stock and to help with selecting and sourcing of essential electrical spare parts.
- Prioritise repair of old parts if deemed reasonable/economical rather than buy new.
- Ensure that all records kept by the electrical department are correct in accordance with the company quality and EHS management.
- Promote a culture that all areas are left clean after completion of all maintenance jobs.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety operational procedures.
- Responsible for all equipment installation and commissioning.
- Management and supervision of personnel in the repair and maintenance of all electrical, instrumentation and process control equipment to ensure the production of quality products.
- Ensure electrical staff receives relevant training, i.e. Induction, Manual Handling Training, Job Specific Training, Environmental and Waste Segregation Training, Safe Working Practices, health and safety training, etc.
- Responsible for control/co-ordination of electrical contractors
The ideal candidates for the position of Electrical Supervisor will possess;
- Time served, apprentice trained or qualified Electrical engineer
- Exposure to manufacturing/production maintenance
- Experienced user of AS400 is advantageous but not essential
Those interested should click apply without delay!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's