ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
|Job Title:||ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sallyanne Heaton|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2017 16:24|
Are you seeking an Electrical Design Engineer role that can offer you a real challenge?
Are you looking for gripping projects where you can have a real input?
Are you looking for your work and efforts to be valued?
If so, keep reading...
This market leading manufacturer based in Sheffield is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their strong R&D department based in Sheffield.
The ideal candidate must be capable of working unsupervised and confidently across a wide range of equipment ranging from LV / HV power generation and distribution systems.
Reporting into R&D working within a small team, the Position will suit a highly motivated, practical and proactive Electrical Design Engineer with a strong Power Engineering background who is able to communicate well at all levels and have the relevant experience required to deliver in a demanding environment.
This role requires:
- Good knowledge of CAD for detailed engineering of 3D models and 2D diagrams, schematics and control circuit diagrams. (Fusions 360, Autodesk etc.)
- High-level competence of electrical designs, switchgear and control gear.
- Experience with designing electrical systems taking into account air gaps, thermal flow/ventilation, hardware safety gaps etc.
- Experience with smart grids, power conversion systems and renewable energy.
- Must work well as a team and with other areas of engineering discipline.
- Minimum HNC in electrical engineering.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Creation & alteration of existing drawings and schematics.
- Support Project & Engineering Team with drawing packs.
- Constant updating and maintaining drawing versions throughout the product range.
- Creation of Electrical drawings and schematics for Switchgear and generation systems incorporating grid-tie and distribution transformers.
- Design of commercial electrical containerised or substation based systems.
- Creation of detailed layout drawings 2D/3D of containerised LV/HV solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a pioneering global market leader of cutting edge electronic solutions.
Interviews being held ASAP.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's