Electronic Design Engineer (Hardware)
|Job Title:||Electronic Design Engineer (Hardware)|
|Location:||Bolton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||January 12, 2018 15:35|
Are you an Electronic design engineer who is looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you have the drive and ambition to take on a new position and make it your own? Do you have a genuine passion for Design and the ability to create new and innovative electronic solutions for various manufacturing industries?
An innovator in precision engineering with over 40 years' service creating bespoke engineering solutions for industries such as Aerospace/Oil and Gas/MOD is at present in a very exciting period of growth. They are looking to add a highly skilled Electronics design engineer who has creative approach and an extensive skill set to be able to produce electronic solutions with the knowledge to exploit numerous manufacturing processes.
You would be part of an already existing team; however, this is a new position and my client would be looking for someone with the confidence and experience to be able to hit the ground running and put their own ideas into play, and own mark on position and make it their own.
The core responsibilities of the Electronic design engineer are as follows but not limited to:
- Electronics design and schematics capturing and detailed electrical circuit design.
- Define electrical and test requirements.
- To provide hardware solutions to production, manufacturing and repair problems.
- To undertake design changes to replace obsolete components (including some mechanical, as required)
- To carry out component and system type testing (including EMC testing where appropriate)
- Prepare and submit technical reports and documentation to support qualification of obsolescent parts to ATEC products.
- Liaison with mechanical engineering about enclosure design.
- To support appropriate design reviews of Technical reports with Engineering Manager and Technical Director.
- To undertake technical investigations, recommending actions and producing reports.
- To ensure documents conform to ATEC, customer and regulatory procedures.
- To attend customer meetings where necessary.
- To provide technical support to the design and development of new equipment.
- Provide support to the Test Department when required.
- Support of prototype and volume manufacture
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set, qualifications or experience:
- Minimum HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering discipline, together with appropriate technical experience, or alternatively a degree would be preferable.
- Experience in both Digital and Analogue design.
- Experience in circuit simulation and computer-aided design tools (CAD)
- Design proving, and type testing associated with high reliability products
- Knowledge of basic project management principles and be driven to complete tasks to deadlines.
- Sound electrical knowledge and experience in both designing and maintaining electrical / electronic products.
- Familiarisation with defence standards and design of products to meet harsh environments would be advantageous.
This position comes with the opportunity to become part of a growing business who has proven history of great progression from within the business along with career security. This position would suit an experience electronics designer looking a long serving career with a creative edge in a fun and driven business.
Those interested must click apply without delay, or alternatively contact Sharon at Morgan Ryder associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £35000 per annum
SENIOR PRODUCTION ENGINEER / MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
£40000 - £45000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - METALS
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Package
Lean Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing
£35000 - £40000 per annum + BENEFITS
Production Engineer / CNC Programmer
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits