|Job Title:||Engineering Manager - Applications|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Great Package|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||2 days ago|
Engineering Manager - Applications
Competitive Salary + Generous Pension + Life Assurance + Sick Pay + On site Gym and much more !!
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager to join a global engineering company at their site in Newport.
Our client specialises in surface technology treatments and is renowned for their expertise and high quality services within the aerospace and defence industry.
Key responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of the Engineering department ensuring all work is prioritised and distributed accordingly
- Set and maintain departmental KPI's
- Overall responsibility for process development and production of parts
- Close liaison with customers and sales teams from enquiry through to delivery
- Identify and implement productivity cost savings using LEAN techniques
- Ensure all process documentation is clear, accurate and up to date
- Work closely with sales teams to produce costings for customer applications
- Coach, train and mentor engineering team
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience gained within the Aerospace/Defence industry, ideally NADCAP accredited
- Experience of managing a team in an engineering/materials science industry
- Strong technical knowledge; Thermal Spraying, Coating techniques - advantageous
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing tools/techniques
- Good understanding of Aerospace quality systems; AS9100, NADCAP
- Ability to interpret complex data and technical drawings to customer specifications
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to initiate change
APPLY now or email CV to Christine@morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.