ENGINEERING MANAGER - CIVILS /STRUCTURAL/ MECHANICAL
|Job Title:||ENGINEERING MANAGER - CIVILS /STRUCTURAL/ MECHANICAL|
|Location:||Greater Manchester, England|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum + CAR ALLOWANCE + BONUS|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 16:51|
TO £55K + CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION + PRIVATE MEDICAL + BONUS
A great opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the technical team of an engineering services company at their offices in Greater Manchester.
The Engineering Manager will head up the Development & Digital Team ensuring the team are providing the best possible solutions to temporary works problems on a wide range of construction projects.
The Development team are integral to the business and are responsible for ongoing product development, technical support and engineering data for all temporary works schemes.
- Lead, manage and develop the team ensuring all work is complete in line with industry regulations and H&S legislation
- Manage and develop project proposals in accordance with company procedures
- Carry out R&D, calculations and testing to support project proposals
- Ensure all designs, schemes, method statements and risk assessments are completed in accordance with CDM regulations
- Manage the production of drawings and calculations using digital technology
- Ensure digital engineering objectives are included in work packages briefs and the delivery team are aware of what is required/expected
- Ensure product data catalogue is regularly updated and improved
- Keep abreast of changes in technology and standards and introduce new, innovative ideas to the business
Experience required for the role:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline; Civil, Structural, Mechanical
- Ideally chartered or working towards
- Experienced engineer with strong technical knowledge
- Good knowledge/experience of digital technology in the civil engineering sector
- Strong leadership skills along with experience of managing a technical team
- Innovative with a passion for new technology
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to influence changes in an established business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A superb opportunity to join a company renowned in the industry for engineering excellence.
The company have invested heavily into digital engineering and continue to do so to remain at the forefront of the market.
With a fantastic reputation for providing professional development opportunities this is a great chance to join a business truly on the up.
Interested? APPLY NOW or contact Christine Edwards at Morgan Ryder Associates on 0151 480 2300 to discuss.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West Midlands, England
£36000 - £40000 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Commercial / Estimating Manager
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Pension
Technical Specifications Manager
£40000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
Technical Sales Engineer - Aggregates
South East England, England
£55000 - £66000 per annum + Benefits