Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
|Job Title:||Environmental, Health & Safety Manager|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||Up to £45000 per annum + Pension and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2017 17:01|
This Manufacturing Giant is looking to recruit an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join the team at their Milton Keynes factory.
As Health, Safety and Environment Manager typical responsibilities will be to:
- Stay abreast of environmental, health and safety legislation.
- Create robust management systems to proactively comply with such legislation.
- Translate the management system into actions required across the plant.
- Be responsible for developing and integrating environmental, health and safety management system across all plant personnel.
- Ensure that ALL employees receive suitable environmental, health and safety training so that they work to company and legislative safety requirements.
- Maintain and develop all systems to ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors, temporary workers etc. comply with relevant environmental, health and safety requirements
- Develop and progress the site annual safety plan and environmental management programme.
- Develop and progress the business FSPP and Life programmes.
- Lead and facilitate EHS Kaizen events when applicable.
- Be part of the Management team, learn about all areas of the business, have an influence on the running of the business.
Ideally your experience will have been gained working within a fast-paced high-volume manufacturing environment.
The key skills that are needed within this role:
- To be qualified to NEBOSH standard.
- To have gained their IEMA First Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Have a manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process environment.
- Proficient knowledge of EHS legislative requirements
- To have an understanding and experience of working to EHS standards
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - 5S, Kaizen, TPM, Structured Problem solving etc.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Be a really hands on EHS professional.
- Be able to deal with plant shop floor employees as well as plant management and HO directors.
- Be able to coach, train and lead.
- Salary up to £45,000 plus bonus. 1st year OTE £50,000.
- Private healthcare.
- Free Parking.
- Progression opportunities.
To apply for this position please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV straight through to:
Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to 70,000 euro plus package
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£34000 - £36000 per annum
ENGINEERING MANAGER - FMCG
£55000 - £60000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
Maintenance & Projects Manager
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER
Up to £40000 per annum