Field Engineer Manager
|Job Title:||Field Engineer Manager|
|Salary:||£42000 - £43000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2021 15:43|
£42,500 per annum
East Anglia Region
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a determined, dedicated, target driven team players to join the busy Customer Support Field Team within the East Anglia region.
As Field Team Manager you will manage, lead, motivate & engage the field engineers teams and your primary function of this role is to manage the activity of a team of engineers, ensuring performance objectives are achieved in delivering exceptional customer service whilst promoting a safety first culture. The job will be a 'hands on' management role spending face to face time with engineers within the team ensuring the key objectives are met.
Key Objectives for Field Engineer Manager:
- To support engineers in their ability to repair and service products and connected systems either within warranty or as chargeable activity.
- To coach and guide engineers with training requirements.
- To monitor and expedite the completion of all work allocated to the team on a day to day basis. Close liaison with the planning teams will be required to assist in balancing the workload across the team and reacting to fill spare capacity or reallocating jobs in jeopardy.
- To monitor the number and value of parts used by engineers within the team in fulfilling product repairs.
- Manage customer complaints and escalations to the satisfaction of the customer and business. Providing feedback as part of continuous improvement to improve customer experience.
- To monitor the teams further visit and recall rates and, in conjunction with the field manager, establish appropriate actions for improvement.
- Complete annual Personal Development Reviews and action plans for improvement
- To conduct planned and 'ad hoc' meetings with engineers by undertaking 'on the job' audits. These will include assessing technical, quality, Health and Safety, customer service and administrative compliance in undertaking allocated work.
- Deliver Engineer Team Meetings and Safety Action groups, communicating effectively and gaining engagement and innovative ideas for improvement seeing through to implementation
- Assist Field Managers in determining 'local knowledge' settings within the planning / scheduling systems.
- Carry out investigations into lost time incidents to conclusion including root cause analysis and corrective actions
- To assist with recruitment of new personnel, carry out interviews and relevant selection testing
- Responsibility for expenses in line with company policy
- With ongoing coaching and mentoring create succession and development plans for your team
Key Requirements of Field Engineer Manager
- Hold a management and coaching qualification, minimum ILM 3, and have experience within the service industry.
- Must be commercially aware in order to make decisions that that may affect the brand, image and financial budgets.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office or similar platform to analyse and present data, so that factual conclusions can be gained.
- This role requires the job holder to be a team player and a 'people person' who thrives on engaging with others to obtain challenging targets.
- Focus on delivering first class customer service is essential as well as a passion to supporting and developing team members to aid performance improvement.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- It would be beneficial if qualified to ACS accreditations .
- A full understanding of health and safety requirements and their implications in the work place is essential and a Health and Safety qualification is desirable
To be considered, click 'apply' today. Or send your CV to Harriet@Morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's