|Job Title:||Grinding Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Phil Noon|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2017 09:38|
£40K-45K Per Year
Healthcare, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays,
We have an Opportunity for an experienced Grinding Engineer to join our client who are a leading Aerospace company supplying for the likes of Rolls Royce.
Our client deals in Commercial Aviation and woks with major engine manufacturers and airlines worldwide. Today our client is a $1billion company with locations in over 10 countries around the world.
The purpose for this role is to improve and optimize the grinding process as well as elements of docking and control. Customer liaising will be expected to ensure that the best products are being supplied and made to specification.
- Defining and creating, operating and controlling procedures.
- Drive quality, cost cycle time improvements through process optimisation, ensuring all changes are managed in line with local and customer change procedures.
- Daily production support to operational teams ensuring that product technical and production issues are resolved.
- Create technical reports for the process.
- Identify and lead business/process improvement projects in collaboration with OpEx initiatives.
- Experience with 5 Axis Grinding.
- Considerable experience of defining, developing and maintaining grinding process of high tolerance components.
- Experience in developing grinding process's, from the definition of grinding strategy and design of fixtures to creation and proving of programs.
- Experience in the use of on machine probing and adaptive grinding.
- Working Knowledge of the use of CAD/CAM systems ideally Siemens UG, aswell as EasyGrind grinding program software.
- Team builder with effective communication skills and ability to engage audiences at all levels.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Drive and energy with a need to finish what has been started.
- Good observational, analytical and investigative skills.
- Committed to continuous development of self and others.
Education, Skills and experience
- Bachelor or master's degree in mechanical engineering or in a technical field. Or relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience manufacturing engineering experience, Aerospace or automotive component manufacturing would be VERY beneficial.
- Experience in 5 axis grinding is ESSENTIAL, EDM CMM inspection, Thermal spray, PVD, Laser systems would be beneficial.
- Project management or process control experience.
- Experience introducing and statistically qualifying new grinding machine tools & equipment.
- Knowledge of turbine manufacturing process is VERY beneficial. (blades, static vanes, seal segments)
- SIX SIGMA accreditation.
If you are looking to join a very exciting business with a fantastic working environment and chances to prove your skills then look no further. If you have found Christmas difficult to book off in previous roles, that won't be a problem with my clients Christmas shutdown. Ig this role is for you then please click "APPLY NOW"
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£36000 - £38000 per annum
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
£12.2 - £13.3 per hour
New Product Introduction Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Machining
Newtownards, County Down
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits