Group Operations Director
|Job Title:||Group Operations Director|
|Location:||Oswestry OR Belgium|
|Contact Name:||Janine Clark|
|Job Published:||August 01, 2019 16:33|
GROUP OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
BASED IN OSWESTRY OR BELGIUM
Excellent Salary + Package
My Client designs, manufactures and distributes state of the art technology on a global basis. Trading for nearly a decade they are masters in what they do. With a strong presence in the UK and Europe, they are now looking for a Group Operations Director to take them to the next level.
The Group Operations Director will be a Board member responsible for defining and executing the Operations strategy in close cooperation with the companies Leadership team. The Group Operations Director will deliver operational excellence, continuous improvement and executing at both operational and strategic levels. The Group Operations Director has overall responsibility for all functions covering Health and Safety, Planning, Purchasing, Production, Warehousing and Logistics and Customer Service ensuring customer requirements are met on time while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity at all group operating locations.
- Ensure the business complies with all Health & Safety regulations; promoting safety in the workplace
- Work cross-functionally with the wider Leadership Team to ensure all Group business objectives are exceeded in line with Group strategy
- Ensure that all activities and procedures within the team comply with the company’s policies and business ethics
- Ensure margin improvement through operational excellence
- Working capital improvement by supply chain expertise
- Ensure quality improvements by continuous improvement and lead manufacturing
- Ensure customer-centric by driving best practice OTIF/MOTIF
- Build an analytical data-driven culture that differentiates between reporting and alerting, allowing the data to drive organisational performance
- Drive the development of a mid- and long-term Operations Strategy for the Group
- Lead the regional teams, including ensuring the right people in the right roles, development of performance targets, monitoring performance and prioritising and ensuring full responsibility for driving the people agenda
- Drive motivation and engagement by leading by example and enhancing capabilities within the operations teams
- Ensure that communication between teams is effective and that a customer-focused culture is achieved
- Conduct the Capability and Talent Review – with agreed actions to initiate succession planning, team and individual development activities as necessary
- Graduate calibre in a low volume, high-value Engineering/Manufacturing discipline
- Fluent in English & French or Dutch would be an advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of people management experience with a proven track in people development and coaching for results in an operational environment
- Demonstrative leadership capability at Board and Plant level
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a vision and strategic plans that influence department initiatives, then turning those into tactical deliverables.
- Outstanding ability to influence senior leadership, peers, and other internal and external stakeholder groups, and communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Ability to be a champion for change, transformation, continuous improvement and margin enhancement
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external business partners, suppliers, vendors, and consultants.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to understand business processes from a customer perspective, identify improvements that meet business needs across the organization.
- Experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
If you would like to know more please email your CV and current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or click APPLY NOW or call me 00 44 (0) 151 480 2300.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's