|Job Title:||H&S Advisor|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + + BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2020 11:59|
HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
Our client is a very successful precision machining company who supply a vast range of complex machined components to power generation, aerospace and industrial markets.
An opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join the team.
This is a stand-alone role and the H&S Advisor will be responsible for ensuring compliance of all activities in a manufacturing/engineering environment in line with current legislation and company policies.
- Ensure that the site is legally compliant in all areas of Safety Management which are relevant in a manufacturing environment
- Support the site in developing the right safety culture by being engaging, open, honest and consistent with all members of the site team
- Work with Senior Management to ensure that all staff are fully trained to meet the requirements of their role; plan any training/safety campaigns
- Manage Occupational Health, First Aiders, Fire Marshalls
- Ensure all equipment is regularly inspected/maintained in accordance with guidelines
- Collate risk management reports; Risk Assessments, COSHH, PUWER/LOLER, Audits, Insurance. Predictive actions, Improvement actions, data analysis
- Carry out training for new starters and refresher training for existing staff
- Report and investigate accident and near misses, ensuring root cause is identified and that the corrective actions are implemented
- Co-ordinate safety requirements for emergency plans
- Manage sub-contractors and contractor control procedures
- Actively participate in Safety at Work Committees
- Act as point of contact with regulatory authorities/Insurers
- Deal with non-conformance issues and carry out improvement plans
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Lead Auditor for 18001/45001 or a strong understanding of ISO standards
- IOSH membership
- Previous experience of H&S in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
- Experience in root cause investigation, HSE Management systems and Auditing
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner with individuals at all levels within the company
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Able to perform well in a stand alone role - a self-starter who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to challenge in a calm and mature
Interested? APPLY NOW
** Please note our offices our closed due to COVID 19. If your application is successful, one of the recruitment team will be in touch to progress your application. **
PLEASE NOTE OUR OFFICES ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US, PLEASE DO SO VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's