|Job Title:||H&S Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2019 16:49|
Up to £50,000
A global Aerospace manufacturing giant is currently looking to appoint a new H&S Manager.
The company employs 600 people across the UK and future plans for growth account for an additional 40% by end of 2020, its safe to say this business is going from strength to strength offering progressive opportunities to those looking to secure a role with one of the fastest growing manufactures in the UK currently.
Reporting directly to HR Director, who has a seat at the board so board presence is guaranteed, you will be tasked with the management of this high-risk site for all thing's health and safety along with an additional 7 sites!
The H&S Manager is part of the senior management team and has a responsibility to provide structure, support and guidance to the entire management team and all employees across all sites.
Principle accountabilities of the H&S Manager:
- Responsible for developing and integrating health and safety management systems across all plant personnel.
- Translate the management system into actions required across the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring that ALL employees receive suitable health and safety training so that they work to company and legislative safety requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing all systems to ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors, temps etc comply with relevant environmental, food safety and health and safety requirements on all sites.
- To champion continuous improvement via the annual safety plan, environmental objectives and lean enterprise activities.
- Responsible and accountable for operating within plant health and safety budget and environmental budget targets.
- Ensure relevant corrective action is taken, as required, for all equipment and operational problems/potential problems to maintain and improve the operation.
- Develop and maintain risk assessment platform across the site.
- Timely accident investigation and reporting to all relevant parties such as HSE, EA, and Plant Management team and highlight necessary corrective actions.
- Maintain and develop the site accreditation status with external bodies for environmental, hygiene and health and safety activities.
- Co-coordinating with Shift Managers and shift personnel.
- Co-ordinate and carry out environmental audits in compliance with the audit.
Requirements of the H&S Manager:
- Ideally working towards chartership, degree qualified (Minimum NEBOSH)
- Knowledge of H&S legislative requirements.
- Understanding and experience of working to H&S standards.
- Manufacturing background.
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - SMED, Kaizen 5S, Kanban, TPM, SPC, 6 Sigma, Structured Problem solving, etc.
- Good computer skills.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please click apply without delay!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's