HEAD OF FLEET ENGINEERING
|Job Title:||HEAD OF FLEET ENGINEERING|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2017 16:46|
Head of Engineering - Fleet MRO
To £60K + Final Salary Pension + Employee Benefits Scheme - Relocation Assistance available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Engineering to join the team at a train operating company.
The Head of Engineering will join the business during a programme of phasing out existing fleet and introducing brand new trains to the network.
The Head of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring that the provision of maintenance and cleaning activities meets the required standards of fleet performance.
As a member of the senior management team, and reporting to the Engineering Director key responsibilities are;
- Provide professional engineering support in the management of Maintenance Sub-Contract (MSC), as well as the new Train Reliability & Availability Agreement (TARA)
- Develop new processes for fleet engineering management and ensure high levels of safety, reliability and availability
- Monitor the performance of contractors ensuring adherence to maintenance and overhaul policies and procedures
- Management of Engineering Change procedures
- Technical scrutiny of sub-contractor engineering changes, technical variations, and changes to practices
- Investigation of major incidents and delays
- Act as a representative on industry/engineering bodies.
The Ideal Candidate…
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and Chartered or working towards.
- Practical experience of fleet maintenance and overhaul is essential. (Rail industry is preferred although aviation or other transport industries will be considered)
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles and manufacturing processes; materials engineering, welding, metrology, tolerances, NDT etc.
- Knowledge of rolling stock standards and common railway systems AWS, TPWS, GSM-R - desirable
- Computer literacy and excellent report writing skills
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
Click APPLY NOW or contact Christine Edwards at Morgan Ryder Associates on 0151 480 2300 to discuss in more detail.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short-term and fixed-term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's