|Job Title:||Head of Quality|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
Head of Quality
Are you an experienced Quality Director looking to continue your career within the Aerospace or Energy sector?
Do you have the experience and knowledge to take direct responsibility for driving forward company strategy and providing a consistently high-quality?
My client, a global giant in the aerospace sector has presented this high-profile position, a key role to the business that will be doubt be instrumental in taking the quality management function to the next level and harmonising the quality standards to profitably satisfy customer expectations.
- Provide world class leadership to the Quality team, resourcing the team to deliver deliverables on time and standard.
- Deliver robust performance management, coaching and developing the team.
- Lead the Quality assurance objectives in a manufacturing excellence, continuous improvement environment, implementing best practices.
- Follow-up of the implementation of quality tools in all aspects of organization such as, but not limited to PFMEA, Control Plans, Gauge R&R, Equipment PFMEA and Validation, Advanced problem solving, 6 Sigma.
- Supporting the engineering department ensure that robust plans, management and structure is imbedded to address any None conformance being produced by the business.
- Lead structured containment measures and use of problem solving methods (8D, DMAIC, SWHY, Cause mapping) and implementation of permanent corrective actions.
- Develop approach to enhance Quality within the plant, through training awareness and development of skills both of the Quality team and wider organisation.
- Maintenance and improvement of quality standards, systems and procedures ensuring compliance to the regulations.
- Work with the site Quality Leaders to ensure the maintenance of AS9100 quality approvals, ensuring compliance.
- Management of internal audit, ensuring effective corrective actions.
- Support to external audits for regulatory compliance.
- Improve quality management procedures through the analysis of performance and data following through with the implementation of identified actions.
- Reviewing customer requirements and ensuring that they are met including following up on customer returns.
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers and ensuring that these are fully adhered to by the suppliers.
- Ensure that manufacturing, supply chain and design/certification processes meet the required standards.
- Maintain the Business Continuity Plan ensuring that it is thorough robust and tested.
- Be the business conscious with regards identifying business improvements, articulating the overall quality performance as part of the senior staff within the business.
- Support the overall Chromalloy Corp quality initiatives and the implementation of the Corporate Quality strategy.
The role requires a hand on, dynamic Quality leader with a proven track record of delivering in a high-quality environment and someone who is capable of partnering with the business to lead through influence and help move the organisation forward.
This role is responsibility for overall Quality within a multidiscipline organisation offering the chance for someone with unique exposure to the global market of Aerospace and/or Energy manufacturing.
The ideal candidate:
- At minimum 10 years of experience in a quality management role in an aerospace environment.
- Extensive exposure to Quality within Aerospace/Energy manufacturing.
- Exposure to component manufacturing
- Ideally degree qualified, however those with minimum HNC/HND will be considered
- Unique exposure to aerospace OEM
- Working knowledge of the company's products or similar Working knowledge of the ISO 9000 and AS 9100 standards Previous leadership experience.
- Several years Change Management experience and capable of leading change processes
- Certified Quality Engineering Professional or equivalent, proficient in all standard quality tools focused on problem solving and process improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in statistics preferably good experience in Six Sigma / Lean.
Those interested must click apply without delay.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.