Head of SHE
|Job Title:||Head of SHE|
|Salary:||Up to £60000.00 per annum + 20% Bonus and Private Medical|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2021 11:18|
Head of SHE
£60,000 (Negotiable DOE)
(Private medical and 20% bonus)
Our client is looking to take their business through a process of change and implement a new HSE Strategy across the UK and Ireland.
For this reason, our client is looking to place a Head of SHE to ensure the successful implementation of the new strategy and ensure internal SHE development across all departments and sites.
This Senior position within this multinational manufacturing enterprise is a new role for the business. Having defined a framework for HSE, the business is looking for a confident and capable leader who can drive the business through this process of change and instigate a positive HSE culture company wide.
Responsibilities will include:
- Quickly build positive stakeholder relationships that are open, honest, and clear.
- Carry out a multi-faceted, broad-based assessment of current standards across the UK business which will include head office, transport, warehousing, learning & development, assembly operations, engineering, CNC engineering, product testing, field-based service, engineering, and sales organisations.
- Identify and bridge skill/knowledge gaps across all levels of the business from the factory floor to senior leadership.
- Design appropriate development plans that could include internal/external education, training, and formal qualifications.
- Design suitable visual management tools and systems of communication that are tailored to specific stakeholders/departments.
- Assess current environmental management practices and compliance to approved industry standards. Identify opportunities for the business to exceed standards and reach a zero-carbon footprint, minimising waste streams.
- Build a portfolio of standard operating procedures for all areas of the business.
- Be the 'go-to' person for managing internal/external reporting and communications on SHE topics, as well as introducing tools, metrics, and KPIs to monitor SHE performance.
- Drive a collaborative SHE networks committed to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and best practices around all things SHE, use stakeholders to implement the roadmap.
The role is being treated as confidential
- A technical degree/qualification in a relevant subject.
- Have a clear understanding of what SHE Excellence looks like.
- You are energised by developing cross-cultural, multi-level stakeholder relationships, be that remotely or face-to-face.
- Understand the complexities of operating across different businesses, geographies, and cultures and can adapt your approach accordingly.
- Be engaging, approachable, consultative in your approach, and can secure "buy-in" easily. Understand the required work involved in achieving sustained levels of SHE Excellence.
- Have practical, senior level SHE experiences in manufacturing.
- Have experience in CAPEX programs, plant relocation plus safe and compliant delivery of civil and engineering projects, exposure to and awareness of CDM regulations.
YOU MUST HOLD A MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OF LEVEL 3 NEBOSH OR EQUIVALENT TO BE CONSIDERED ALONG WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE MANAGING HSE ON MULTIPLE MANUFACTURING SITES
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical bias
Wigan, Greater Manchester
Up to £52000.00 per annum
Control & Automation Engineer
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£26000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Package
Quality Assurance Specialist
£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Business Development Manager - Trainee Fastrack
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Car and Bonus