Health and Safety Manager
|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Salary:||£38000 per annum + excellent package|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2016 09:58|
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Safety comes in a can, I can, You can, We can be safe.
A genuinely exciting new opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager has presented itself within a premier logistics company. The role will support a flagship Distribution Centre at an exciting time of growth and development. This is a challenging and varying role. You will be a key player to aid a successful operation and support ongoing extensive growth plans and site development during a period of major transformation.
Why you should you join us?
- You will be working with a global brand.
- We provide clear career progression and development opportunities
- Fantastic maternity package
- Fully equipped gym facility for all our staff to use, FREE!
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Managing the entire Health and Safety function of the DC, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of safety objectives.
- Ensure that the site is legally compliant in all areas of Safety Management which are relevant in an automated warehousing operation.
- Proactively lead collaborative health and safety projects, both at site and supporting the group values and initiative
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health and safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to equipment, practices, and processes.
- Support the site in developing the right safety culture by being engaging, open, honest, and consistent with all members of the site team.
- Driving behavioral culture change program across a large. Growing multi-site platform.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging global company and is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to take their Health and Safety career to the next level an exciting environment.
- NEBOSH diploma and proven background within health and safety industry. Ideally within a supply chain/warehouse environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner with individuals at all levels within the Company.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understand that good safety is good business and demonstrate passion for doing things the right way
- A self-starter who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to challenge in a calm and mature manner.
- It is imperative that the candidate hold up to date knowledge of current H&S legislation.
Interviews are taking place at the end of December, we are keen to find the best talent out there! Do not delay in sending your CV directly to the recruiter by clicking on the 'apply now' link. You can discover the job of your dreams, hidden in the heart of Staffordshire. We can't wait to meet you!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's