|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager|
|Salary:||£48000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
£48,000 - £55,000
My client, an established manufacturer within the food sector is looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager , reporting directly to the MD, the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will take responsibility all Environmental, Health and safety activities for site alongside specific project work in this stand alone role.
This is a very hands-on role, and the successful candidate will spend time on the shop floor completing inspection and investigations, training, and coaching, visibly implementing improvements and being proactive in your approach.
- Provide guidance and support to the management team on best practice in relation to health, safety, and environmental matters.
- Drive the roll out of an upgraded Safety Management System as supported by various software systems.
- Interpret centralised EHS strategies and translate them locally, ensuring compliance with corporate standards and achievement of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation.
- Acts as the competent person for EHS across the site, offering support and training, managing the risk process, and completing all other EHS activities relating to Operational and support teams.
- Report on health, safety, and environmental performance at site level.
- Lead the investigation process relating to incidents/accidents and compliance breaches.
- Contribute to Group ISO accreditations for 14001:2015.
- Co-ordinate internal and external audits relating to safety and environmental standards, ensuring follow up actions are implemented.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work incorporating safety and environmental requirements, undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- Drive the continuous improvement of employee health, safety, welfare and environmental issues through promotion and communication.
- Develop and deliver internal health, safety, and environmental awareness training.
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties).
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and industry best practise.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in Health & Safety e.g., NEBOSH (or equivalent).
- Previous experience of undertaking an HSE Manager podition within a manufacturing organisation.
To register your interest, please send your CV and covering letting directly to Sharon@morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.