Health & Safety Specialist
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Specialist|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 16:01|
Health & Safety Specialist
Morgan Ryder Associates are working in partnership with an established company within the Chemical sector.
They are in need of a Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist responsible for ensuring occupational HSE and Process Safety compliance across the company.
Our client, an Upper Tier COMAH site based in Norwich, is a UK based company with an excellent service to its customers.
If you're looking for a challenge and a rewarding work life, please do not hesitate to apply.
Key responsibilities include:
Main duties and responsibilities involve the following:
- Leading the production of risk assessment and method statement documentation for routine &
- Isolation planning & support to those controlling work activities by staff and contractors
(Mechanical Authorised Person).
- Monitoring and mentoring of compliance with existing procedures and task method statements.
- Verification of engineering controls by exposure monitoring and other methods.
- Auditing and benchmarking activities.
- Incident, accident and near miss investigation.
- Safety Management system review and updates
- Promoting and developing competence and consistency across shift teams, including training
- Being a specialist signatory for the Process Change Authorisation System
- Supervision of site Security requirements and/or Fire & Emergency response duties.
- Acting as Duty Manager to support the site when scheduled to do so
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A Degree in a science-based discipline.
- NEBOSH Diploma / or equivalent (or close to achieving it) and a willingness to work towards Chartered Status if not already achieved.
- Health & Safety experience gained within a high hazard, manufacturing or construction environment.
- Experience preparing detailed risk assessments and method statements across a range of activities and disciplines.
- The ability to understand complex tasks and challenge working methods in a constructive manner.
- Working knowledge of ISO management systems.
- Experience of auditing, and occupational hygiene/environmental monitoring would be desirable.
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Access to on-site Medical Centre & Health provision
- Free Onsite Car Parking
- Private Medical Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health & Safety Manager
Up to £30000.00 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000 - £60000.00 per annum + Car allowance
AREA ENGINEERING MANAGER
Greater Manchester, England
Up to £45000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
Up to £18700 per annum
Production Team Manager
Middleton, Greater Manchester
Up to £42000.00 per annum