Health Safety and Business systems Manager
|Job Title:||Health Safety and Business systems Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2018 09:54|
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking for a change of pace? Change of industry? Or just simply looking for your next big challenge and that step up into management?
My client, a global leader with in the bespoke manufacturing industry supplying into various sectors, is looking for an experienced Health and Safety manager to embark upon a new journey with their site based in Aylesbury
11,000 employees worldwide, you are guaranteed to become part of an organisation that invests in their people with a long list of success storeys of progression and development internally.
As a business my client can offer progressive opportunities and personal investment for all those displaying a willingness to learn and enthusiasm to develop.
Along with Health and safety, the successful candidate will also hold responsibility to the business systems and reporting of this.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and business systems manager include:
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure H&S inspections are carried out, fire drill and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of business processes improvement relating to H&S, Business Systems procedures
- Ensure full and accurate Business Systems, Health and safety policies are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of Business Systems and Health & Safety document management.
- Establish a structured programme of BS&HSE training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with the necessary regulatory bodies as and when required - Training - Audit Management.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Collate and distribute monthly reports to management and colleagues, attend meetings as required.
- Work closely with the Group companies to ensure best practice is being applied.
- Manage BSI & HSE audits programmes including communication, pre-work to employees/management.
- Travel to other sites as required by management
- You will be 80% on the shop floor based.
Those interested must fit the following criteria:
- NEBOSH Qualified (Accredited) COSHH Trained is preferred or NEBOSH Diploma, Lean Six Sigma -Green Belt, or NVQ Level 5 Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH)
- Recent and Relevant experience in a similar role is preferable or Manufacturing Experience
- Formulating, implementing and revising Business Processes and H&S policies
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Salary od up to £38,000
- Attractive Bonus structure
- 33 days Inc. stats
- Pension: 5% Employer 4% Employee
- Permanent Health Insurance (if deemed unfit for work)
- Death in Service x4 salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Free Eye Care Vouchers
- Family Fun Days
- High Street Discounts
Those interested must click apply without delay
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's