Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
|Job Title:||Health, Safety and Environmental Manager|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2017 15:29|
This manufacturing giant is looking to recruit an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join the team at their Milton Keynes factory.
As Health, Safety and Environment Manager typical responsibilities will be to:
- To stay abreast of environmental, health and safety legislation and create robust management systems to proactively comply with such legislation
- Translate the management system into actions required across the plant
- All plant shop floor personnel have a dotted line into the EHS Manager regarding H&S and environmental issues
- Responsible for developing and integrating environmental, health and safety management system across all plant personnel
- Responsible for ensuring that ALL employees receive suitable environmental, health and safety training so that they work to company and legislative safety requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and developing all systems to ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors, temporary workers etc. comply with relevant environmental, health and safety requirements
- Develop and progress the site annual safety plan and environmental management Programme
- Develop and progress the business FSPP and Life programs
- Lead and facilitate EHS Kaizen events when applicable.
- The EHS Manager's absence is covered by the Assistant Plant Manager.
Ideally your experience will have been gained working within a fast-paced high-volume manufacturing environment.
The key skills that are needed within this role are: -
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- IEMA First Certificate in Environmental Management
- Manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process
- Knowledge of EHS legislative requirements
- Understanding and experience of working to EHS standards
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - 5S, Kaizen, TPM, Structured Problem solving etc.
- Good computer skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Hands on EHS professional
- Able to deal with plant shop floor employees as well as plant management and HO directors
- Able to coach, train and lead
This is an excellent opportunity that offers a salary up to £45,000 plus Pension and Bonus.
To apply for this position please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV to Natalie Sabatina-Fraser at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£38000 - £45000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
PROJECT MANAGER - MANUFACTURING
£45000 - £50000 per annum + PACKAGE
HR Programme Manager
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £65000 per annum
£18000 - £20000 per annum + benefits
Maintenance Inspection Engineer
£27000 - £30000 per annum