Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
|Job Title:||Health, Safety and Environmental Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||November 15, 2018 08:45|
Morgan Ryder Associates are working in partnership with a business that is a leading partner in the field of animal feed nutrition.
They are in need of a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager responsible for ensuring occupational HSE and Process Safety compliance across the company, together with the design, implementation and maintenance of the process safety management system.
Our client, an Upper Tier COMAH site based in Derbyshire, is a global company with a real family feel.
If you're looking for a challenge and a rewarding work life, please do not hesitate to apply.
The Health Safety & Environmental Manager role would be based in Derbyshire. My client's goal is to deliver high quality products to go above and beyond their customer's expectations. They pride themselves on offering innovative nutritional products to a variety of industries as well as providing technical support, they deliver an exceptional product.
The Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the General Manager, functionally to Operations Director, their day to day will be;
- Developing and implement HSE/Process safety objectives for the company
- Provide leadership, counsel and technical assistance to the Operations team in the field of process safety management (ie COMAH)
- Improve awareness and effectively raise standards in HSE matters throughout the workforce, encouraging culture of ownership by all.
- Drive the practical implementation of core process safety systems
- Manage the design, preparation and implementation of key regulatory permit and licence documentation such as the COMAH safety report, implementation of the MAPP and process safety management system and relevant environmental permits
- Management of all HSE policies, procedures and documents
- Control and regulate Company regulatory and environmental compliance systems
- Select and utilise recognised tools for hazard identification and risk assessment
- Working with the Engineering Manager, develop, implement and teach relevant preventative and predictive maintenance programmes
Key responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety in Derby include:
- Degree level in relevant technical discipline
- NEBOSH Certificate minimum ideally Diploma
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory requirements and protocols including COMAH/DSEAR/ATEX regulations
- Experience of implementing or as minimum working with MAPP and Safety Management Systems
- Familiarity with the EI framework for process safety management and/or CCPS Guidelines for Risk Based Process Safety will be important
- Strong, proven project management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to constructively analyse and resolve issues and problems.
- Able to influence and coach others through working with teams to educate and inform
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Product Safety Manager
Middleton, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Health & Safety Advisor
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£45000 - £48000 per annum
Business Development Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Business Development Manager
Coventry, West Midlands
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits