|Job Title:||HR Officer|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£26000 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Danielle Carr|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2021 11:29|
I have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Officer at a leading automotive first tier manufacturer. This is a great opportunity for someone who is already in a HR role and keen for development.
The HR Officer will support and advise the site management team as well as assist the Central HR Team on HR initiatives and activities across the site. Keeping in line with company policy, best practice and employment law.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and guidance to the Site Management Team on a range of employee relations matters and rolling out HR projects and initiatives.
- Support with recruitment campaigns, ensuring they are progressed without delay and in line with best practice, company values and employment law.
- Deliver on-boarding programmes.
- Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate contractual documentation, as prepared by the Site Administrator, is issued to employees in relation to appointments, terminations and variations to terms and conditions, in line with statutory timescales.
- Undertake regular audits of personnel files to ensure compliance with Employment Law and company policies.
- Conduct exit interviews for leavers and co-ordinate regular reports and analysis relating to staff retention.
- Provide weekly / monthly trackers, reports and statistics to site management and the central HR function.
- Establish and build collaborative and productive relationships with all management, employees and site trade union representatives.
- Support the roll out of communications (both from site and from the central HR function), information sharing and any related activities.
- Produce HR reports and correspondence ensuring compliance with Employment Law and the Company's standard HR templates for the Site Management Team.
- Coach and empower managers to build and develop engaged and effective teams.
- Undertake HR audits, identifying any actions and agree a follow-up plan with the key stakeholders.
What you'll need
- CIPD full or part qualified
- Proven HR Generalist experience in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of working within a unionised, manufacturing environment
- Experience handling a high volume of ER casework including disciplinaries, grievances and absence management.
- Thorough up to date knowledge of current employment law.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of good HR practice and its application
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines within a changing environment.
- Ability to coach and influence managers in a diplomatic and appropriately assertive manner.
- Resilience with the ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Displays excellent MS Office skills. Demonstrates Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's