|Job Title:||HS Manager|
|Location:||Wakefield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£43000 - £53000 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 18, 2018 16:45|
A global manufacturing giant of beverages, foods and household products packaging is currently looking to appoint a new HS & Food safety Manager. Founded over 100 years ago, the company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, offering security, investment, and development opportunities at all levels.
Initially a family owned business and still keen to stay true to those roots and values, my client has chosen to invest in their people continuously year on year. To facilitate the growth and development of their global employees, they provide a very generous, market competitive rewards program and are keen to support lifelong professional development and leadership learning among all employees worldwide.
Reporting directly to Site Manager, all plant shop floor personnel have a dotted line into the EHS & food safety Manager regarding H&S, food safety and environmental issues.
The HS & Food safety Manager is part of the senior management team and has a responsibility to provide structure, support and guidance to the whole management team and all employees in the plant.
Principle accountabilities of the HS & Food safety Manager:
- Responsible for developing and integrating environmental, food safety and health and safety management systems across all plant personnel.
- Translate the management system into actions required across the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring that ALL employees receive suitable environmental, food safety and health and safety training so that they work to company and legislative safety requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing all systems to ensure that all staff, visitors, contractors, temps etc comply with relevant environmental, food safety and health and safety requirements.
- To champion continuous improvement via the annual safety plan, environmental objectives and lean enterprise activities.
- Responsible and accountable for operating within plant health and safety budget and environmental budget targets.
- Ensure relevant corrective action is taken, as required, for all equipment and operational problems/potential problems to maintain and improve the operation.
- Develop and maintain risk assessment platform across the site.
- Timely accident investigation and reporting to all relevant parties such as HSE, EA, and Plant Management team and highlight necessary corrective actions.
- Maintain and develop the site accreditation status with external bodies for environmental, hygiene and health and safety activities.
- Co-coordinating with Shift Managers and shift personnel.
- Co-ordinate and carry out environmental audits in compliance with the audit.
Requirements of the HS&Food safety Manager:
- Knowledge of EHS & Food Safety legislative requirements.
- Preferable Diploma in H&S and environmental qualification.
- Understanding and experience of working to EHS & Food Safety standards.
- Manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process.
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - SMED, Kaizen 5S, Kanban, TPM, SPC, 6 Sigma, Structured Problem solving, etc.
- Good computer skills.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please click apply without delay!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's