|Job Title:||HSE Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2018 10:27|
£35,000 - £45,000
Are you an experienced HSE Manager on a Top Tier COMAH site with experience of guiding your business through the transition from Lower to Top Tier?
Are you a HSE Manager on a Lower Tier COMAH site looking for a business that can offer you personal investment and opportunity to progress your skill set, enabling you to take on Upper Tier COMAH related responsibilities?
Do you have a desire to embark upon higher education within your field and are looking for a business willing to invest?
My client, a supplier of specialist chemicals into various industries ( Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Oil & Gas) is looking for their next HSE Manager to take full responsibility of all HS&E related issues on site in this standalone position. Currently operating as a lower Tier COMAH site, with aspirations to progress their status to Upper Tier in the near future, my client is keen to secure someone with the desire to develop on their existing skill set and take on investment from the business to aid with the transition, or alternatively someone who has guided this transition previously.
As the HSE Manager for site, you will carry the following responsibilities:
- Dealing with regulators (EA and HSE).
- Creation and delivery of HSE training to employees.
- Control of employee HS&E training records and annual reviews of the same.
- Assessment of PPE requirements, and purchasing/control of the same.
- Area safety inspections.
- Control of safety meetings (provision of minutes)
- Carrying out and reviewing all site risk assessments. (e.g. Process safety, manual handling, noise etc)
- Monitoring/control and reporting of site PSPIs (Process Safety Performance Indicators).
- Annual completion reporting documents for submission to shareholders.
- Control of Management of Change system (MODMEMO).
- Control of H, S&E Procedures (issue and review), including intranet versions.
- Submission of waste consignment lists, dealing with waste issues and the appointed waste disposal Company's.
- Act as the Company RPS - Radiation Protection Supervisor. (training required every 5 years).
- Monitoring/control and progression of all HS&E related actions from all sources on the Company actions database.
- Control of site COSHH assessments.
- HSE system audits.
- Issue and control of annual HS&E annual targets
- Various monthly H&S related inspections
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Education: NEBOSH national diploma (or equivalent).
- Previous experience working on a chemical plant in a similar position.
- Experience on a COMAH site.
- Experience of HAZOPs etc.
The following experience is not essential but would be advantageous:
- Experience working with HF acid.
- Experience on a Top Tier COMAH site.
- Experience with Mechanical Engineering.
Ideally the candidate needs to have a flexible, pragmatic approach appropriate for a small chemical manufacturing company, with the mentality to give guidance to the team on site for H&S related issues.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER
Up to £40000 per annum
Sales Office Manager
Up to £30000 per annum
Business Development Manager
up to £70,000 - Bonus, Car, Healthcare, Pension
Business Development Manager
upto £70,000 - Bonus, Car, Healthcare, Pension