Lab Support Administrator
|Job Title:||Lab Support Administrator|
|Salary:||Up to £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 15:02|
Lab Support Administrator
Salary up to £25,000
6 Month contract
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a candidate with strong administration skills and an analytical chemistry skill set to join a Chemical Manufacturer in Liverpool.
This non-lab-based role would suit a graduate with a Chemical background or someone who has an interest and experience in the statistical analysis of data.
The main purpose is to support the Lab Technician by testing products in process liquors and raw materials to ensure they are the right quality and tested timely in line with correct safety and security practices.
The role and responsibilities of a Lab Administrator will be:
- To collect, enter and anaylse data from quality and production processes to monitor and improve performance
- Calibration and equipment checks
- Timely preparation of chemical standards
- Completion of analytical tests before product release
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of the results database
- Maintenance and storage of retained analytical samples
- Data collection, entry and analysis of quality and production data with extensive use of Microsoft Excel to produce graphs and statistical data
- Supports admin roles, customer service duties, contacting suppliers
- Booking transport and producing shipment paperwork, customer orders
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Understanding of inorganic chemistry
- Understanding chemical hazards
- Awareness of personal safety, security, quality and cost implications
- Ability to work with a variety of laboratory equipment simultaneously
- Excellent Microsoft office/Excel experience- ability to produce graphs, tables and statistical analysis
- Excellent organisation skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Flexible to work across and support a number of business departments
This is initally a 6 Month contract with the potential to go permanent. Interviews will be taking place next week. Click 'apply' today.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's