|Job Title:||Layout Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2019 13:32|
Liverpool - Automtove
A global supplier of exterior products and systems operating as a Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer/supplier is currently looking to appoint an Layout Engineer. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the position carries the following responsibilities
Main duties & responsibilites:
- Ensure the existing and future layout and material flow of the division reflects operational excellence principles and best practices
- Ensure all safety procedures, methods, equipment and practices are adhered to
- Provide manufacturing with layout proposals to implement new products and processes into production.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Investigate new manufacturing processes and equipment and prepare capital requests with justification
- Identify and implement cost reduction projects through layout and material flow improvement.
- Keep documentation up to date on the existing layout and document the layout development for future layouts.
- Ensure the layout development process is in line with company principles and best practices.
- Take part or facilitate the Lean Workshops and methodologies and / or Six Sigma activities.
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Knowledge of standard lean manufacturing tools
- Expereince of VSM
- Experience with automotive logistics and JIS processes
- Understand the Kaizen mythology to execute CI projects
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's