|Job Title:||Layout Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2020 15:45|
Liverpool - Automtove
A global supplier of exterior products and systems operating as a Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer/supplier is currently looking to appoint an Layout Engineer. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the position carries the following responsibilities
Main duties & responsibilites:
- Ensure the existing and future layout and material flow of the division reflects operational excellence principles and best practices
- Ensure all safety procedures, methods, equipment and practices are adhered to
- Provide manufacturing with layout proposals to implement new products and processes into production.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Investigate new manufacturing processes and equipment and prepare capital requests with justification
- Identify and implement cost reduction projects through layout and material flow improvement.
- Keep documentation up to date on the existing layout and document the layout development for future layouts.
- Ensure the layout development process is in line with company principles and best practices.
- Take part or facilitate the Lean Workshops and methodologies and / or Six Sigma activities.
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Knowledge of standard lean manufacturing tools
- Expereince of VSM
- Experience with automotive logistics and JIS processes
- Understand the Kaizen mythology to execute CI projects
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's