|Job Title:||Lead Electrical Design Engineer|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Sallyanne Heaton|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
Lead Electrical Design Engineer
Very attractive salary doe
- Are you ready to be part of the next generation?
- Are you seeking to work with a growing, state of the art company?
- Are you an experienced and knowledge electrical design engineer?
If so, keep reading...
This design and manufacturing business based in Sheffield is going from strength to strength. Receiving investment from some of the worlds biggest blue chip companies and household names, they are seeking a Lead Electrical Design Engineer to take them to the next level.
Working alongside the Technical Project Lead you will be responsible for understanding the companies products, requirements and end goals to formulate a working solution.
Not only will you be working autonomously but this opportunity gives you the freedom to build a team below you, guided by your expertise.
For this role, it would be ideal if you had knowledge of power generation and distribution systems, a strong knowledge of AutoCAD, or another 3D electrical design package, and man management experience.
- Must have good knowledge of CAD for detailed engineering of 3D models and 2D diagrams, schematics and control circuit diagrams. Examples being Fusions 360, Autodesk e.t.c.
- High-level competence of electrical designs, switchgear and control gear.
- Experience with designing electrical systems taking into account air gaps, thermal flow/ ventilation, hardware safety gaps e.t.c.
- Minimum HNC in electrical engineering.
- Experience with smart grids, power conversion systems and renewable energy.
- Must work well as a team and with other areas of engineering discipline.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Creation of Electrical drawings and schematics for Switchgear and generation systems incorporating grid-tie and distribution transformers.
- Design of commercial electrical containerised or substation based systems.
- Creation of detailed layout drawings 2D/3D of containerised LV/HV solutions.
- Creation & alteration of existing drawings and schematics.
- Support Project & Engineering Team with drawing packs.
- Constant updating and maintaining drawing versions throughout the product range.
To find out more on this position please apply today. All eligible candidates will be contacted w/c 2nd October. Apply today to be considered.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.