|Job Title:||Logistics Controller|
|Location:||Wigan, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Excellenrt|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2017 14:04|
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced logistics professional to join the supply chain team at this manufacturing facility in Wigan.
This is a newly created opportunity due to a business restructure that will see supply chain and customer services working closer together to improve efficiencies.
The Logistics Controller will be responsible for inbound freight operations and will accurately control and report on operational spend to ensure that the most cost efficient and sustainable routes to market are chosen across a global supply chain.
Typical responsibilities as Logistics Controller will be to:-
- Proactively manage a distribution budget of £7m including period reporting.
- Accurately manage and forecast cost efficiency of inward freight operations.
- Manage the availability of inbound raw materials and bought in finished goods.
- Deliver on projects within given timescales.
- Identify the most cost-effective methods of transporting stock such as port destination, port consolidation and chosen shipping lines.
- Manage and develop a team of two.
- Lead continuous improvement projects for inbound logistics.
The successful Logistics Controller will:-
- Have a good knowledge of supply chain and logistics operations within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Be highly numerate and analytical.
- Strong excel skills.
- Have experience managing budgets.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- A salary to £40,000
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted products
- Health scheme
- 25 days holiday plus stats
- Option to buy extra holidays
To apply for this opportunity please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV through to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's