Machine Shop Manager - Heavy Engineering
|Job Title:||Machine Shop Manager - Heavy Engineering|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary & Package|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2020 17:37|
Machine Shop Manager
Excellent Salary + Pension + Healthcare
35 hour week
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Manager / Machine Shop Manager to join the team at a Cheshire based engineering company.
The company are well known for their state-of-the-art design, fabrication, machining and assembly of high-performance engineered products used across a wide range of industries.
- Lead, coach and mentor the team within the machine shop ensuring an efficient and effective operation
- Plan and co-ordinate jobs, ensuring machines are fully utilised
- Manage labour and materials
- Ensure best practice for efficiency and ensure targets are met (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & Performance)
- Implement, update and maintain all metrics and KPI boards to maximise efficiencies and team performance
- Implement Lean/Six Sigma based improvements
- Ensure high levels of HSE standards are maintained and promoted
- Ensure machines are fully utilised in accordance with production plans and arrange any necessary tooling/equipment
- Provide relevant training and development to the team and ensure high morale
- Manage overtime, holidays, recruitment, performance reviews, disciplinaries
- Review weekly/monthly production plans and provide regular reports
- Support Ops Director with any other tasks
The Ideal Candidate…
- Proven experience of supervising/leading/managing a team in a heavy engineering / machine shop environment
- Knowledge/experience working in a fast-make/speed shop environment with the ability to estimate labour times
- Good knowledge of modern manufacturing tools and techniques (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, CI, RCA)
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Results orientated
- Continuous improvement mind-set
APPLY NOW to be considered
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's