Manufacturing Shift Manager
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Shift Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2018 08:28|
Manufacturing Shift Manager
4 on 4 off (4 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 4 off)
Are you looking for a long-term career opportunity with a business that can offer security, progression and personal investment?
Do you have experience as a Manufacturing Manager who can offer a wealth of knowledge about process?
Are you a lateral problem solver? Experienced in the food production sector with a desire to contribute to operational excellence?
My client, a world-renowned food production organisation has grown significantly with aggressive plans for further growth throughout 2020. Due to this, there is a continued need for a Manufacturing Shift Manager to join the process team, giving special attention to liquid processing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience with in the food sector in a similar position working with liquid processing.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Shift Manager
- Leadership of Process Operators and coordinators.
- Creating a link between Line management and shop floor management.
- Escalating issues before problems arise, proactive approach to process management.
- continuous improvement activities.
- Creating and delivering development plans.
- Creating succession pathways and recruitment.
- Visible presence within the production environment, visiting work stations, helping lower level operators with issues, immediate or ongoing.
- Coaching, training and developing front line team members, in problem solving, rout cause analysis, operational excellence, Continuous improvement.
- Enabling team to create and deliver operational excellence opportunities aligned to Objectives, goals, strategies and measures
- Encourages others to seeks out improvement opportunities within the workplace.
- Take ownership and delivers on Operational Excellence projects and drives Operational Excellence opportunities through team.
- Supports team to demonstrate Operational Excellence contribution through personal development plans.
- People management including delivery of performance review, development and coaching of team, dealing with employee relations issues.
- Create purpose and direction around Objectives, goals, strategies and measures deliverables.
- Health and safety commitment and corrective actions.
Key skills of the Manufacturing Shift Manager:
- Previous of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Food processing highly advantageous.
- People management experience.
- The ability to coach and mentor.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety processes and procedures.
- Exposure to lean manufacturing techniques would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills.
- High-level problem-solving capability and facilitation skills
- Deep knowledge of Operational Excellence, coaching team on use of the principles and tools.
Interested? Please click apply without delay!
Tjose with Liquid processing experince I would encourage to ring Sharon at Morgan Ryder to discuss in further detail.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's