MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
|Job Title:||MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER|
|Location:||North Wales, Wales|
|Salary:||£40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sallyanne Heaton|
|Job Published:||September 08, 2017 11:26|
Are you a cradle to grave MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER?
Do you have experience in 3D modelling with software such as SolidWorks, Creo, NX or Catia?
Are you able to take a brief, understand it and produce feasible design solutions?
If so, keep reading...
This well-established, solutions provider works with blue chip companies across the North West on a variety of projects. Ranging from Food, Print, Packaging, FMCG and Rail to name a few.
This is a customer facing role encompassing Design process from Customer/site visit, establishing brief, concept/proposal (to quote and obtain order against), system design and supplier liaison as required, full detailing including calculations and FEA if warranted, materials/coatings/treatments selection, manufacturing drawings, manufacturing support and in some cases commissioning.
Ideally, to apply you will:
- Be a competent & experienced 3D Cad user.
- Be able to understand a brief given from a customer and run with the project.
Experience of the following is desirable:
- Solid modelling, sheet metal, weldments, assembly, drawing & Simulation (FEA) experience
- Machined components
- Manufacturing processes
- Geometric & dimensional tolerancing, tolerance stack analysis
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems and componentry
- Drives, motors, gearboxes
- Hand calculations and FEA
- Design for Assembly
- Site visits/surveys
- Capturing design briefs/scopes of work
- Composing technical documents
Core skills required:
- Problem solving
- Communication & presentation
- Sound mechanical engineering principals
- Hand drawing/sketching for record of information on site visits and as part of concept/design/development process
Qualifications do not take precedence over experience.
In return: You will work in a competent design team and be trusted in your capabilities. Enjoy flexible working hours, 23 days holiday plus stats and free tea or coffee every day!
Don't miss out, apply today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £35000 per annum
SENIOR PRODUCTION ENGINEER / MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
£40000 - £45000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - METALS
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Package
Lean Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing
£35000 - £40000 per annum + BENEFITS
Production Engineer / CNC Programmer
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits