Mechanical Design Engineer- Contractor
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer- Contractor|
|Location:||Bedfordshire, E. of England, England|
|Salary:||Up to £47.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2019 16:27|
Mechanical Design Engineer - Contractor
£47.00 per hour
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a number of experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to join a successful Aerospace company in Bedford, on a contractor basis.
Working as part of the Mechanical Design Office team, the role of Mechanical Design Engineer will be to provide input into all phases of the design process. This may include, design specification preparation, survey work, model creation and production of drawings for manufacture and installation support. The designs produced shall be of a standard that can be manufactured, installed and, where necessary, certified. Working closely with multi-discipline engineering teams and Reporting to the Chief Mechanical Designer for the quality and integrity of work.
Key responsibilities of Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Produce high integrity programme deliverables (concept schemes. detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company's procedures, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings & design specifications
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the design, manufacturing, qualification and 'in service' phases of the programme
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews to meet or exceed programme schedule
Key Requirements Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Mechanical/design engineering degree preferable
- Demonstrable ability to use CATIA V5 (solid models / basic surfacing / drafting)
- Driving licence required
- Aerospace/Aviation Industry - Working knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical/avionic equipment installations
- Working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining and composites) and design for manufacture and assembly
- Working knowledge/understanding of application of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques (BS8888)
- Ability to utilise CATIA V5 solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and the production of the associated manufacturing drawings.
Interviews will be taking place immediately, click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's