|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter|
|Salary:||Up to £40500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2021 17:40|
£ 40,599 per annum
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join a well know manufacturer at their site in Ellesmere Port.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for maintaining business as usual for plant operations, whilst continually improving the reliability and availability of the equipment.
Main Responsibilities of the Mechanical Fitter:
- Machine reliability / Asset care management.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance using Mechanical engineering skill set.
- Support the continuous improvement culture and failure analysis agenda to reduce downtime by analysing CMMS data to develop action plans to permanently solve problems by addressing the root cause. Lead problem solving sessions using RCA methodology.
- Development of Condition Based Maintenance strategy.
- Support KPI analysis both weekly and monthly and ensure KPIs are met.
- Coaching and supporting reactive engineers to develop their skills on your asset. Ensure maintenance schedules are updated with learnings from equipment failures to minimize plant downtime.
- Machinery optimization and cost saving measures.
- Control of planned maintenance outages and events.
- Provide support for project activity and change initiatives as appropriate.
- PPM development and execution to achieve the right balance of efficient (compliance) and effective (right first time) maintenance.
Main Requirements of the Mechanical Fitter:
- Time served Engineer.
- Minimum ONC in a relevant Mechanical discipline.
- 80:20 mechanically bias
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player who adopts a continuous improvement approach.
- The ability to self-manage workloads against conflicting priorities
- Experience of working in a fast paced engineering environment (ideally FMCG) is essential.
- Experience of CMMS utilisation and development (Ideally Maximo but not essential)
- Strong understanding of H&S in a manufacturing environment.
- Awareness of modern maintenance techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (excel, word etc.)
Don't miss out- Click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's