|Job Title:||Metal Sorter|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£10 - £12 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2018 15:33|
£10-12 per hour
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Special Metals Sorter with a long standing Metals Supplier located in the Sheffield area. The successful candidate will have responsibility for sorting a wide range of alloy bearing scraps.
Key responsibilities for a Metal Sorter:
- Responsible for the sorting and out turning of all the incoming/outgoing materials ensuring 100% compliance with quality procedures
- The Sorter will be required along with the preparation of detailed outturn reports within given time scales
- Some local travel may be required in short intervals and a full passport will be essential for the role
- Working closing with the General Manager, Revert Alloys, Metal Traders and existing Process Operatives
Key requirements for a Metal Sorter:
- Fork Lift License and Overhead Crane experience required
- Strong background in sorting Special/Exotic Scrap/Revert Metals in all forms and have a minimum of 3 years previous experience working in the scrap/revert materials industry
- IT Skills
- Vast experience in the recognition, identification and reporting of special metal contamination within the materials that may include, foreign attachments/coatings/inserts/tips & repair welds.
- Health and Safety aware
- Knowledge & understanding of the varying "end use" markets for the materials is essential and experience of segregating materials on a quality & contamination basis for these markets is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in sorting Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Industrial Gas Turbine scrap & revert materials is essential
- Knowledge & use of XRF hand held analysers is essential
- A Metallurgical/Materials Qualification would be desirable but not essential
Please apply today or contact Harriet Crawford on 0151 480 2300/ Harriet@morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's